Donations and Matching Gifts
Your tax-deductible contribution will assist us in achieving our Mission to empower and prepare economically disadvantaged and historically underrepresented youth to excel and become leaders in their careers and communities. It is through your generous donations that YMWIC Foundation, Inc., is able to successfully operate and continue with its Vision. YMIC d.b.a. YMWIC Foundation, Inc., thanks you for your continued support and generosity. We graciously appreciate and accept donations of all amounts.
We also accept donations of the following:
- Office Supplies
- Equipment (laptops, printers/copiers, robotics supplies, etc.)
- Donations toward service subscriptions (Zoom, WebEx, Constant Contact, Edmentum)
- Utilities and Rent costs
- Transportation (YMWIC is seeking support for a new van)
- College Tour Scholarships
- Travel Stipends to attend academic events
- Scholar Formal Uniforms (navy blue blazers, khaki slacks, white button-down shirts, ties)
- Musical Instruments for Jazz Ensemble members
Silent Auction Donations
YMWIC hosts the Annual Scholarship and Awards Gala in May and our Annual Scholarship & STEM Golf Classic in August. We administer a successful Silent Auction during both events. We would appreciate your support with donations that can be used for the Silent Auctions. Some examples are:
- Overnight trips
- Jewelry (no costume jewelry)
- Vouchers and Certificates to restaurants, rounds of golf, movie passes, etc.
- Beverage Packages (Wine Baskets are extremely popular)
- Framed Artwork by popular local artists
As a 501(c3) corporation, YMWIC may receive donor designations from United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Lancaster County. If you or your company are members of a different United Way affiliate and are interested in designating your donations to YMWIC, please contact your company’s United Way representative.
Scholarship Fund Campaign
The YMWIC Scholarship Fund exists to support Scholars in Grades 3 – 12 who are inspired to pursue a degree and career in the STEM fields upon graduating from high school. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to participants who have successfully completed YMWIC’s program requirements.
YMWIC alumni are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA as undergraduates and must enroll in an accredited STEM degree program to qualify for additional funding.
YMWIC alumni are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA as undergraduates and must enroll in an accredited college or university to qualify for additional funding. You can support the YMWIC Scholarship Fund by contacting us at (610) 340-2844 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration in donating to the following Scholarship levels:
HQ (Headquarters) Campaign
The YMWIC Foundation is in our 13th Program Year and is supporting Scholars from all four counties and Philadelphia. We appreciate our partnerships with the school districts and universities which have and continue to have a tremendous impact on our success. In order for YMWIC Foundation, Inc., to continue delivering high-quality services in our communities we must be able to sustain our building headquarters, offer staff exceptional benefits and continue to provide innovative services for our Scholars.
Our headquarters include office space, a training lab, and workstations for robotics and science projects. Will you support our headquarter by making a pledge towards:
- Rent and utilities
- Office furniture: desks, tables, cubicles, chairs
- Office equipment: printer/copier/fax machines, office copier, laptops, storage cabinets, telephones, projector, and screen
- Training lab equipment: smartboard, projector, laptops
- Robotics lab equipment: whiteboards, workbenches, work tables, storage shelves/cabinets
- Science and engineering workstations: whiteboards, workbenches, storage shelves
- Information technology hardware and software systems: servers, desktops, software, security
Looking for Other Ways to Get Involved?
We accept the help and support that our community is able to give in every form available.
Learn more about how to become a volunteer, sponsor, or enrichment supporter.