Virtual 10th Annual Scholarship and Awards Banquet
On Thursday, May 28, 2020, YMWIC will host and stream-live the 10th Annual Scholarship and Awards event. All of our graduating seniors will receive a scholarship to attend the college of their choice. Ted Childs, highly acclaimed and respected, will deliver the inspirational keynote speech. Mr. Childs is a thought leader, strategist and a catalyst for change who is recognized globally for his Workforce Diversity accomplishments as well as his influential alliances. Mrs. Barbara Gee-Pratt, Executive Coach and YMWIC Supporter, will be returning as the event’s emcee.
Ten years of service is a great milestone for YMWIC. Therefore, we will celebrate 10 years of transformation—shaping the minds of tomorrow’s leaders. Our focus then and now is preparing talented young Scholars to graduate high school, college, and become successful leaders in their fields and in the communities they serve. This event has a primary focus of raising Scholarship dollars for our Scholars. Our goal for May 28 is $100,000.
We also plan to honor Industry Executives who have supported YMWIC and the community.
- West Impact Award: LaFrance Corp specializes in corporate product branding and trim accents
- Education Leadership Award for Secondary Education: Mr. Christopher T. Dormer, Superintendent Norristown Area School District
- Education Leadership Award for Post Secondary Education: Dr. Zebulun Davenport, VP Student Affairs, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Community Leadership Award: Mr. James Logan, Coatesville Assistant City Manager
For your convenience, select one of the following to support our event:
- To become an individual donor and tune into our live stream event, participate in our online silent auction or place an ad in our Program and Souvenir Booklet, select this link.
- Advertise only in our Program and Souvenir Booklet by selecting this link.
- Premium Sponsorships are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
First Ever – YMWIC Elementary School VIRTUAL STEAM and Language Arts Camp
YMWIC has partnered with Edmentum and strategically created a full virtual online learning camp. Students will have access to multiple programs, aligned to Pennsylvania state standards that will expose students to Math, ELA, NGSS/PA Science content. Students will learn by inquiry-based projects and online content that is research based and engaging. Students will have access to an online digital library which provides over 2000, online books organized by genre and Lexile level. an educational tool that uses a measure to match readers with books, Students will have unlimited access during the camp timeframe to the following online solutions:
- Study Island
- Reading Eggs
- Calvert Learning
- Exact Path